SPMC-OPCC celebrates 12th anniversary
Maria Elinore Alba-Concha, MD | Published: Monday, 09 March 2015
The Southern Philippines Medical Center Outpatient Preventive Care Center (SPMC-OPCC) celebrates its 12th anniversary this week from 9-13 March 2015.
The week-long series of activities kicked off Monday with the inauguration of the Animal Bite Center and the implementation of a new client queuing system.
On 10-11 March 2015, the Public Health Unit, in cooperation with some resident physicians, will give short Health Education Lectures for clients at the OPCC Lobby.
The following services are free at the OPCC for the first 50 patients of the respective departments on 12 March 2015.
- Fasting blood sugar screening in Internal Medicine Department
- Fasting blood sugar screening in Family Medicine Department
- Pap smear in Obstetrics-Gynecology Department
- Wood’s lamp screening for fungal infection in Dermatology Department
- Urinalysis in Pediatrics Department
- Digital rectal examination for prostate screening in Surgery Department
- Otitis screening in ENT Department
- Glaucoma screening in Ophthalmology Department
The week will conclude with a Patients’ Day celebration on 13 March 2015. Haircut for the first 100 patients who want the service will be free.